Fukk-tq
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

is patch 5022 legal??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissed-Off
Admin
Pissed-Off

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-28

is patch 5022 legal?? Empty
PostSubject: is patch 5022 legal??   is patch 5022 legal?? Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:15 am

lol, seems to be my theme, finding a way to legally fukk TQ XD, anyways. . .

so im sure by now we are all familiar with 5022, and if your familiar with fukk-tq.com's forum, were also familiar with reading my long ass posts. . .here is another one .

5022 brought the most drastic changes to the game i have ever experienced. but aside from item locks, mentors, trade partners and the removal of jail, i really think TQ should have thought twice about putting in anti virus software (to be refered to here on out as AVS.) before i begin, i cant take full credit for this, i read about it on the CO forum, unfortunatly the guy had his facts all crooked. I may or may not be able to straighten them out, either way please leave your input and help the community decide what kind of actions, if any we should take against TQ

when you play conquer, you log on your char. that is how you enter the world and interact with other players. when you make your char, you have only 1 way to do it. it must be registered on the co.91.com website. To register a char on the website, you MUST agree to the TOS (terms of agreement) inside the TOS it clearly states (at the moment lol) that TQ can change the TOS at any time without notifying the users and the users are responsibly for checking the TOS often for changes. It goes on to say that by loging into the game you agree to the current TOS.

Fine, TQ found a way to cover their ass on doing all sorts of stupid shit. . . .or did they?

the question was raised about whether or not TQ has the right to instal AVS on our computers for 2 reasons. 1 who are they to decide which if any AVS should we use on our computers, and 2 how do we know what the fukk this thing really is, no source was posted for it, and no detailed explanation was ever given about what its purpose actualy is for. is it to check for and remove spy ware, or could TQ (and i admit this is kinda silly, but take a look at the world we live in today before you draw spontaneouse and possibly irrational conclusions) be spying on us or possibly even collecting or stealing personal information. or is it simply to tell if we are hacking or multi clienting and if so report and punish us.

ok, with that said, and in an attempt to make this first post as clear as possible tying up all lose ends on my thought, i would like to point out what it is exactly that i belive TQ is doing illegaly.

If we sign and agree to a TOS and we are to check it often and agree to any changes in it as part of our agreement to play the gam, thats fine. if this anti virus software is protected in the TOS and TQ actually has a right to install random shit on our machines legally, thats fine. if they dont have to tell us exactly what it is they intend to do with whatever they decide to instal on our machines and they are protected legally by their TOS to do so, thats fine. My objection to the scenario is the order in wich TQ as decided to do these things (and here comes the juicey part)

We agree to the TOS everytime we log in to CO there by allowing TQ to do whatever they think their TOS allows them to do legaly. unfortunatly, and correct me if im wrong, but when auto patch installed 5022 on my machine, or even if you had to manually instal it, didnt your brand new AVS start running before you actually logged in, or should i say agreed to allowing the AVS to run?

whew, im getting lengthy as hell here and i apologize for putting you through all that, but the basis of the theory is just that, we agreed to invasion of privacy only after the fact. the crime (if it actually is one) has been comitted, the TOS currently does not protect them from this and if they realize it now, its been to late. Ultamitly i am suggesting that TQ illegaly installed unauthorized software on several hundred thousand machines across the globe with out permission, and unfortunatly(for them lol) there may be consequences. unfortunatly for us we may be the only ones who give a shit enough to make something happen, so the question i pose to the relevant community is- Do we have incriminating evidence stronger than the lotto allagations, and strong enough to pose a seriouse threat to TQ, and if we do, what would be the first step in seeking justice.

if, like what had happened to previouse posts, someone decides to talk about this subject on other forums, please either link to this post or include some sort of . . . i dont want to say credit, just want to keep all of our thougths on the topic in one place, not across the internet scattered and useless. . .so just say respond to it here or somthing, i dunno, my fingers are starting to hurt lol, peace
Back to top Go down
http://www.fukk-tq.com
Jon
Jon

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: is patch 5022 legal??   is patch 5022 legal?? Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Its not actually anti-virus software.... it just scans ur processes its a peice of shit. Unfortunately because it doesnt send any of the info back out to TQ its legal =/. I hope they patch it so it starts sending info back to TQ and gets classified as "spyware".
Back to top Go down
Jabba-The-Hutt

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: is patch 5022 legal??   is patch 5022 legal?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Do you have the part of the TOS which states about the login? Most companies will tell you that simply by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, you're bound by their TOS... Post some of the relevant bits here for me to have a read Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is patch 5022 legal??   is patch 5022 legal?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is patch 5022 legal??
Page 1 of 1